Sweet Potato and Pinto Bean Tacos
These tacos are incredibly delicious allowing you to enjoy the flavours and crunch of a typical taco with all the nutrients you could possibly ask for. Served in lettuce or in your fave taco shell, these are a simple week night meal solution that is 100% satisfying.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can organic pinto beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared organic salsa
- 1/4 cup cooked corn kernels (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cleaned large lettuce leaves or taco shells
- Chopped vegan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop sweet potato into 1/2" chunks and toss in olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning once. In the last ten minutes of cooking, add the onions red peppers and pinto beans. Toss well.
Place sweet potatoes and veggie mixture in a bowl. Add the salsa and mix well. Serve in taco shells of your choice and top with vegan cheese (optional).