Italian Quinoa Pilaf
This is a delicious twist on a typical Italian pilaf. Using quinoa as your base offers additional protein. A variety of Italian vegetables offer some incredible flavour and crunch. Serve as a main dish, side dish or package it up for a fantastic weekday lunch.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 7 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp frontier Italian herb seasoning or a blend of oregano, basil, rosemary and garlic
- 3/4 cup #quinoa
- 1 & 1/2 cups vegetable broth
Place oil in a large crock pot or skillet over high heat. Add the zucchini, onion, sun dried tomatoes and Italian herb seasoning and vegetable broth into the pan. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower temperature to a simmer and add the dried quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes. Serve with roasted asparagus and balsamic dressing.