Raw Vegan Lasagna
Raw, vegan lasagna can be extremely frightening to people who have never ventured into the world of raw cooking. Thankfully, the textures and flavours that this recipe offers is actually a perfect transition for anyone looking to dive into non-traditional food.
Creamy Nut Cheese
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water, as required
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Add water little by little until you achieve a thick, creamy consistency.
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked overnight
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 tsp tamari (or more bragg’s)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Place in the food processor and pulse until a crumbly, meat-like texture is achieved.
- 1 1/2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, oil packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 large zucchinis cut length wise very thinly with a mandolin or by hand.
Place a layer (approximately 1 zucchini) of zucchini in a baking dish or casserole pan. Add 1/3 of the creamy nut cheese, 1/3 of the walnut bolognese and 1/3 of the tomato sauce. Again, add 1/3 of the zucchini, 1/3 of the creamy nut cheese, 1/3 of the walnut bolognese and 1/3 of the tomato sauce until you have run out of ingredients. Sprinkle with any left over walnut meat and add basil leaves for garnish. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-3 hours before serving.