So Fresh Nutrition is stepping up your hummus by adding some amazing fresh ingredients. You can use your typical store bought hummus or make your own hummus from scratch.
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium low heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Heat slowly and cook for 20-30 minutes or until onions are clarified, cooked through and browned.
Place hummus, herbs and pepper in a bowl, combine with the hummus and onions. Serve immediately.