Salmon Burger on a Sweet Potato Scone Topped with Herbed Hummus
Enjoy the salmon patties on their own or on top of these amazing Sweet Potato Scones and top them with our Caramelized Onion and Fresh Herb Hummus
- 1 lb fresh salmon fillet, bones and skin removed
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch EACH freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1 organic egg or egg replacement (1 Tbsp flax mixed with 1 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp olive or coconut oil
Place all ingredients except for the almond flour in a food processor. Combine until a dough forms. Form the dough into 6-8 patties and roll into almond flour.
Place 1 tsp olive oil in a pan. Cook the burgers over medium heat for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
Sweet Potato Scone
- 1 cup puréed cooked sweet potato (oven roast the potatoes for best flavour and nutrient density)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour, quinoa flour or almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 375ºF and grease a baking tray. In a large bowl combine the sweet potato, almond milk, and coconut oil.
In a different bowl, mix together the dry ingredients including flour, tapioca flour, flax, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Add the dry mixture to the wet and combine to form a dough.
Create patty size scones and flatten until thin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Serve the salmon burger on top of a scone with lettuce, tomato and onion as well as the amazing herbed hummus.