Self Care Sunday: Why You Should Try It
Some people like to clean on Sundays, others like to do laundry. The best way to spend Sunday? Scheduling some time for self care. And, if it’s not on your calendar, chances are that something else will come up and lure you away. This is because we are often better at keeping promises to others than to ourselves. But instead of pleasing others, we need to make time to put ourselves first. When we are constantly giving without replenishing our own cup we become irritable, frustrated and burnt out. When we create non-negotiable boundaries around “me time”, we are teaching the people around us that our time is sacred. We deserve the time to refill our cups and recharge for a new week and its challenges.
When we take the time to invest in self-care, we show ourselves how much we are loved, changing our entire vibrational field. How much love are you putting into yourself to receive the things you want? We attract things that are a reflection of how we feel about ourselves, so when we feel good, we attract good things into our lives.
Ask yourself; If you made yourself a priority what would your life look like? Who would you spend time with? What would you stop doing? What would you start doing?
The more you love yourself, really love and respect yourself, the less you care about not being your ideal weight, or having the perfect whatever. You also don't fall into those insecurity traps. You learn how to set boundaries. You say, "I love myself more than this" and you walk away, with your head held high. Remember this, our inner abundance attracts our outer abundance, so radiate in self-love and practice self-care!
If you have self-love practices that work for you, be sure to share self-care techniques in the comments. Here is my favorite self-care Sunday detox routine.
1. Light candles. Come into the present moment of honouring yourself and create a sacred time and space.
2. Make tea. I like to calm my mind at the end of the weekend with hot tea. I recommend ashwagandha because it reduces stress hormones and contains a mind relaxant.
3. Take a bath. Baths are an ultimate act of self-care and sensuality. Try this recipe to calm inflammation, remove toxins and alkalize the skin:
- 2 cups of salts epsom
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 2 cups sea salt
- several drops of your favorite essential oils
4. Detox your face. Start with a bentonite clay mask to remove heavy metal toxins from the skin. Then, tone and balance the skin’s ph by applying apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball. This will reduce any discolourations and you’ll start the week fresh faced and glowing.
5. Meditate. Honour your body by repeating the affirmation: I choose to love my body for all that it does for me. Set intentions for the upcoming week and wake up with an easy state of mind instead of a frantic one.
Just the simple act of making time for self-care will transform how we feel about ourselves. So make sure to enjoy your self-care Sundays because you deserve it!